In this year’s E3 presentation I will be focusing on providing creative criticism for both companies, Microsoft and Sony, in one article.
Concerning the unveiling of the Xbox One X console and its differences with the PS4 Pro
- Xbox One X (X1X) price point of €500 is a high one. Not sure who’s going to buy it given the fact that in order to fully take advantage of the console’s capabilities, you’ve got to have a 4K TV which is expensive and unnecessary. I know I’m not buying the X1X or the PS4 Pro (€400), I already own the original PS4 and I’m happy with it. No need for additional expenses.
- The only differences between the X1X and the PS4 Pro is that the first one has a built in 4K Blu-ray disk-drive and 12GB of RAM. Sony’s updated console has an ordinary Blu-ray disk-drive and 8 GB of RAM.
- I applause Microsoft for the original Xbox backwards compatibility, an issue that Sony lacks of hugely and they should look into this matter with the PS5. Gamers want to play all of their games in one console. I don’t want to unbox consoles each time I want to play a PS3, PS2 or PS1 game.
- I despised Microsoft’s Indie games! They have Playstation 2 graphics. Give me one reason to buy an updated console.
- The list of the exclusive titles for X1X is too short. This brings me to my final point.
FINAL POINT ON X1X
Microsoft could invest all those billions of money to first party games instead of the production of an expensive console which will sell poorly.
Presented games which grabbed my attention
Microsoft: Anthem and Assassins Creed Origins astonished me. I’ll be buying them on my PS4. I also liked their exclusive Code Vein (an RPG with vampires) and the new Ori and the will of wisps. I think they’ll sell well and I wish them luck.
Sony: God of War, The evil within 2 (I hope it’s not a flop like the first game), Knack 2, Horizon expansion, The inpatient, Uncharted the lost legacy, Detroid: become human, Spiderman.
Last, I applause Sony for the Shadow of colossus remake and would like to point out that we are still expecting the Soul Reaver remakes and the Dino crisis one’s, God damn it!
I am James Dragoon, an author and a columnist. You can order a physical copy of my book “The Vampire Mansion” from Amazon or download it into your favorite device. You can read an excerpt of the book here. Thanks.